Data Loss Prevention
Data Loss Prevention
As more business is done in the cloud and BYOD security threats increase, data loss prevention (DLP) is becoming a critical challenge for many enterprises. To be effective, DLP technology requires full content scanning and inspection, without introducing any latency to the user experience.
Zscaler’s Data Loss Prevention solution leverages our Direct-to-Cloud Network, designed from the ground up for ultra high performance with near-zero latency. Zscaler provides full inspection of all Internet traffic leaving the organization.
Enforce Policy Compliance
Specifically, Zscaler’s DLP Solution protects organizations with two types of data loss prevention:
- Regulatory compliance by state or federal governments, or other standards bodies, often pertains to personal or private consumer information. Examples include regulations such as Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), GLBA, PCI, or SOX.
- Company-sensitive information that may include sales data, pricing information, or intellectual property such as source code.
Granular Policy and Multiple Detection Technologies
In addition to the pre-defined lexicons and categories provided by Zscaler, enterprises can define custom dictionaries. Policy violation is detected by proprietary technologies:
- Sophisticated algorithms detect the leakage of credit card and Social Security numbers, without false positives.
- Advanced self-learning algorithms create dictionaries for the leakage of source code, financial statements and Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Pattern matching engines evaluate data based on the weighted scores of various phrases.
More and more Internet applications are SSL encrypted, and require SSL inspection in order to provide effective data loss prevention. Zscaler enables organizations to define a policy to decrypt selected SSL applications to detect and block compliance violations.
Accurate Data Loss Detection
Zscaler provides an integrated data loss prevention solution for comprehensive data security and control. Our DLP product provides the highest accuracy of data loss detection while minimizing false positives, without introducing latency.
Leverages Zscaler’s Direct-to-Cloud Network
Zscaler’s DLP application leverages the full power of the Zscaler Direct-to-Cloud Network. For more information, register for one of Zscaler’s weekly webinars here.